Thursday, May 9, 2013

Molave, Zamboanga del Sur

It is April 27th again and its time to celebrate San Vicente Ferrer Fiesta. My mother, sisters, boyfriend and I are rushing to go to Molave, Zamboanga del Sur from different directions. My parents grew up there and almost all of my relatives are there so from time to time we go and visit them.



According to wikipedia, Molave is approximately 38 km from its capital Pagadian City and 58 km to Ozamis City. It is full of greens and farms. It is a really simple town were most people know each other. As I haven't gone there for about 3 years or more, Molave now has recognizable changes. Lots of improvement I must say but old-hometown-kind-of-feeling is still there. 

I love going home to Molave. I love seeing my old relatives and cooking some old recipes. I also love the laughs. There is nothing more fun than spending time with your family and talking endlessly of the past and the new.


After the fiesta, we went to one of Molave's hidden treasures, Eriberta Spring Resort. I have come to these place countless times when I was young. It is a spring pool though still crudely developed, Eriberta is a great place to relax and enjoy. The best to time to do so is on the weekdays were there are less people coming.


The greatest surprise of Eriberta is the beautiful small lagoons and falls situated just after the pools. I hope that they keep the beauty of these place and make it clean. We had so much fun appreciating it. God is really good.




How to get there
  • If you are coming from CDO, you can take a bus going to Ozamis City and transfer rides from Ozamis Bus Terminal take the bus going to Pagadian or Molave directly presumably the price is between Php 200-300. Or you can take a bus directly going to Pagadian from CDO and then stop at Monte Alegre and wait for a bus going to Molave. I prefer this trip rather than taking the Ozamis trip since it is not as time consuming.
  • Barge trip: Php 25.00 Mukas to Ozamis
  • From Ozamiz City Airport, take a tricycle about Php80-100 higher cost since it is a special trip. Go to the bus station and take the bus to Molave.
  • Going to Eriberta may require you to hire vehicles to get there. It is quite off town and needs a guide that is from Molave. Hiring is negotiable.
Hotel and Accomodation
  • Molave Guesthouse and Alexandria Hotel which I think costs Php 800-1500, fully air-conditioned rooms
  • Eriberta Spring Resort entrance fee is Php 25 and a modest accommodation cost Php 500 for non-aircon and Php 600 for air-condition rooms 
 Pasalubong

  • Okay-okay or flee markets are best here. I found wonderful clothes and even curtains.
  • Fruits are cheap in Molave.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment