Thursday, May 9, 2013

Road Trip to Dapitan City

My sisters and I have been planning for years to go to Dakak Park and Beach Resort. It wasn't until this year that this plan has materialized. Not as fancy as my thoughts but definitely very fun. From Molave, we went to Ozamis City Airport and send off my aunt and cousin who is bound for Cebu. We head then to Ozamis Budget Rent-a-Car and head off to Dapitan City.




We had to stop at Jimenez, Misamis Occidental, to visit St. John the Baptist, a 150-year old church and to pee too. From Jimenez, we had lunch at Rhovic's Place in Oroquieta City. We had a sumptuous meal and the tab wasn't on me which makes it more yummy. Then we drive non-stop to Dapitan City.

Oroquieta City
On the way to Dapitan City, I marvel at every town we passed as everything is so clean. Clear waters, blue skies and greens. I can't forget passing Pinan, the solemn slightly eerie but super serene river embedded in the picturesque pasture. I can still see it on my mind.This makes the trip relaxing and enjoyable.

Little did I know you have to cross mountainous terrains (but it is cemented, just exaggerating a bit) to get to Dakak. I was in awe that the resort was a whole mountain and that cliffs are "cove-ing" the beach. It was a perfect sunset as we arrived late. Perfect beach for a wonderful summer for my family.







































I reserved a room good for ten, the room was spacious and had many beds and bathrooms. I couldn't believe that I made a good bargain Php 8000 and it comes with free tickets to Gloria's Fantasyland, the only theme park in Mindanao. 

We had mouth watering dinner at Kamayan ni Manay. It is beside Fantasyland so we walked our way to dreamland. They had shows and the shows are very commendable. The performers did pirouettes and wonderful acrobatics. I dreaded some of the rides especially the roller coaster and that Galleon ride. I was practically screaming at the top of my lungs. But that night, despite my wobbly knees, was concluded with a blast. 



Although we are bound to stay overnight only and wasn't able to go to Aliguay, did ATV and ziplines, we went skinny-dipping on the beach. Sun-bathing was understatement, we had all the sunblocks but Mr. Sun was happily shining on us as we hit the water and splashing water at each other. My mother who is afraid of waters was teased. We brought her to slightly deep part. We laughed so hard at the thought that my mom cried out loud for help to my departed father.

Then after waving goodbye to the beach, taking showers and checking out from the hotel, we head to Rizal Park. It is were our national hero, Dr. Jose P. Rizal was exiled. He had a great deal of influence on the people there. Replica and some original works, clothing and buildings were made and are still standing on the park. The parks also houses century old trees on and before the time of Rizal. The original well-noted water system of Rizal still stands. Astonishingly, Rizalistas or people who believed that Rizal is their god, runs the cleaning of the place. 


Rizal found his one true love in Dapitan City, the foreigner Josephine Bracken. They usually nest their sweet love on the heart-shaped natural rock formation. BF and I didn't miss the opportunity to have our pictures taken. Blast in the past romance in the rock is evident.

We bid goodbye to Dapitan and once again made way back to Ozamis City. We had lunch at Robert's Catery and Traveller's Inn. We also stopped by Clarin's Suman Center for pasalubong. While BF and I were dropped off to go home, my cousins, sisters and my mom were still headed to Cuta in Ozamis City. Cuta is one of the remaining Spanish-walled stations which houses a chapel and Spanish colonial battle weapons. I haven't been there for a long time. If I wasn't hastily bound for home due to work it have been nice to go there. There is always a next trip though. :)


Here are tariff's for more information on the trips. Go to respective websites linked above for further information and reservations.











Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment